What are Packaged Environmental Coverages?
Packaged environmental insurance programs combine various lines with a shared limit and/or aggregate. Examples include General Liability and Premises Pollution; General Liability, Premises Pollution, and Transportation Pollution Liability; General Liability, Premises Pollution, and Contractors Pollution Liability; and other combinations. Combining these coverages can create a substantial cost savings for the client.
How does it work?
- Coverage is based off of the CGL Coverage Part.
- Package will also cover Site Specific Pollution Liability and Over the Road Pollution exposures.
- Packages can then add Contractors Pollution Liability/Professional Liability (sharing the same limit). Applies if insured is performing any contracting/consulting work offsite for clients.
- Separate Follow Form Excess policy available.
- Coverages are written with combinations of triggers, depending on options selected.
- Various retentions depending on lines chosen.
- All coverages share one aggregate.
- Separate Business Auto policy for insured’s fleets is also available for both hazardous and non-hazardous hauling exposures.
Who buys it?
Our pollution insurance for facilities is geared toward environmental-oriented facilities of all types, including:
- Industrial facilities
- Recycling facilities
- Storage sites
- Wastewater treatment plants
Packages currently cost as little as $5,000 with deductibles starting at $2,500. Limits are available from $500,000/$500,000 to $25,000,000.
Beacon Hill can help you round out coverage for your clients by packaging some of the additional products below. Writing these coverages with the same carrier adds efficiency, protects against potential coverage gaps, and helps generate the best possible pricing for your insured. Please let your Beacon Hill contact know if you have any questions.