Beacon Hill Associates has extensive experience writing fire & water restoration accounts—we have helped our agents bind over 1,000 policies for this class of business, written by the top environmental carriers in the industry.
We offer A+ rated coverage, fast turnarounds, and superior post-binding support.
Environmental Concerns for Fire/Water Restoration Contractors Include:
Examination of area, cleanup of areas, bringing in heavy equipment if needed, and cleanup/removal of trash
- Security during examination of area: because they often don’t know what they may encounter, fire-water restoration contractors have to secure their work areas and make sure that third parties do not enter the work area where they may be exposed to hazardous materials. These may include friable asbestos, byproducts of wood fires such as benzoapyrenes, mixtures of hazardous chemicals or polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), among other potential hazardous materials found at disaster sites.
- Cleanup of areas: fire-water restoration contractors often have to clean possessions on and off-site. Often, these possessions may have been affected by chemicals on-site or when water intrusion has occurred, mold can appear. Mold may become airborne and affect contractor employees or third parties. During cleanup activiitres, water containing hazardous and non-hazardous materials may run off-site and affect surrounding properties, local storm sewers, or in the worst case scenarios, drinking water wells.
- Bringing in heavy equipment when needed: spills may occur from tanks containing fuel for heavy equipment or exhaust fumes from equipment may be generated.
- Hazardous and non-hazardous materials may spill during loading/unloading activities.
Transporting waste or materials to or from a jobsite
- Spills may occur while chemicals or equipment are being transported to or from the jobsite, or during loading/unloading.
- Spills may occur while waste, debris, etc. are being transported from the jobsite to a disposal site.
Disposal of waste at non-owned facilities
- Restoration debris may be inadvertently mixed with hazardous waste and then disposed of improperly, causing contamination conditions at the landfill or disposal facility. This may result in claims against the landfill or disposal facility which could come back to the original generator (restoration contractor or their client) of the waste.
- Improper disposal of air conditioning and refrigeration units which could result in fines, penalties, or claims against restoration entities.
- Improper disposal of asbestos, lead, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) containing components which are regulated and should be handled as hazardous waste. Improper removal could result in fines, penalties, cleanup costs, and claims against the restoration entity for bodily injury and property damage.
Insured’s owned premises
- Materials that are being cleaned off-site may contain hazardous materials and could spill at the restoration contractor’s premises.
- Contamination at owned premises could be caused by cleaning/maintenance chemicals or storage of heavy equipment, mobile equipment, or vehicles.
- Storage of paints, chemicals, solvents, etc. at owned premises.
- ASTs used for waste oil, hydraulic fluids, or fuel.
- USTs used for refueling vehicles or heating oil.
Coverage available for fire & water restoration contractors
*We must write the GL package in order to offer the Excess, Auto, and Workers Compensation.
$1,000,000/$1,000,000 to $10,000,000
Package GL/Pollution/Professional starts as low as $2,500
Auto: As low as 1 or 2 vehicle count
Workers Compensation: $25,000
- Occurrence Mold coverage
- Legionella and virus coverage
- Emergency Response Coverage
- Defense Outside the Limits
- Ability to convert prior claims made coverage to occurrence
- Lost Key coverage
- Franchisor Specific Additional Insured language
- Insurance work intermediary specific coverages
- Disposal Site coverage
- Transportation Pollution Liability (Over the Road)
- Project Specific Policies
- Stop Gap Liability
- Guaranteed Cost Workers Compensation
- Blanket Additional Insured and Waiver of Subrogation
- Limited Cyber Liability
- Environmental application
- ACORD apps for lines of coverage desired
- 5 years currently valued loss runs
- Relative experience for key personnel (for business less than 3 years old)
For more information or to discuss an account with our experienced team members, please contact us.