What is Inland Marine insurance?
Inland marine insurance is property insurance for property in transit over land, certain types of moveable property, instrumentalities of transportation, and legal liability exposures of bailees. Many inland marine insurance forms provide coverage without regard to the location of the covered property; these are sometimes called “floater” policies. As a group, inland marine coverage forms are generally broader than property coverage forms.
What does Inland Marine insurance cover?
Inland marine insurance covers:
- Property used in the insured’s business or property of others for which the insured has assumed written liability.
- Mobile machinery, equipment, and tools the insured uses in their trade.
- Items leased/rented FROM others, as well as items leased/rented TO others.
- Items are covered wherever they are within the coverage territory: jobsite, in transit, business premises, etc.
Who buys Inland Marine Coverage?
- Contractors; both environmental and non-environmental contractors that use/transport equipment
- Construction companies
- Agriculture businesses
- Landscaping businesses
- Companies that have data processing as part of their operations
- Any insured that has movable/mobile equipment
Inland Marine insurance cost and applications:
- Premiums start at $500.
- Deductibles start at $1,000.
- Contractors equipment: scheduled equipment up to $100,000 max per item, $500,000 per occurrence.
- Misc. equipment: scheduled equipment up to $25,000 max per item, $100,000 per occurrence.
Contact Beacon Hill Associates
Please call (800) 596-2156 or contact us for more information. Our team is here to help you.