Northeast Regional Team: Michael Tighe and Stephen Holcombe
Senior Vice President, Northeast Regional Manager
Phone: (800) 596-2156 ext. 105
Michael Tighe, originally from Throgs Neck, NY moved to Virginia in 1989. He started his insurance career with Farm Bureau in 1997 in the Washington DC/Northern Virginia area. Learning the ropes quickly, Mike became Virginia rookie of the year within the company. He earned a business degree from the University of Virginia here in Charlottesville, VA. Working with Beacon Hill since 2001, Mike insures pollution-related exposures on all types of property throughout the country and contracting risks across the globe. He has published articles in American Agent & Broker and Insurance Journal magazines pertaining to the EPA Lead Rule and BP Oil Spill Disaster. Mike has two children and is a volunteer at Caring for Creatures Animal Sanctuary.
Assistant Vice President
Phone: (800) 596-2156 ext. 703
Stephen Holcombe joined Beacon Hill in May 2015 as a Senior Account Executive in the Northeast Region. In his 8 years of insurance experience, Steve has serviced in production, underwriting, and sales roles for both carriers and MGAs. Stephen is a proud Temple University alum, where he majored in Risk Management and Insurance. He is a lifelong suburban Philadelphia resident and an avid Philadelphia sports fan.
Michael and Stephen handle the following states for Beacon Hill*:
OH, WV, PA, MD, DE, NJ, NY, CT, RI, VT, NH, MA, ME
*Please note, accounts in these states may be handled by another Beacon Hill Account Executive where appropriate to make sure we can provide the best service and expertise possible.
This team has had particular success writing the following types of accounts:
- Environmental Contractors – Asbestos, lead, air quality, mold remediation, demolition, fire restoration, industrial hygienists, etc.
- Manufacturers – Bio diesel and chemical distributors.
- Recyclers – Metal, oil, medical waste, etc.
- General Contractors needing stand alone Pollution and/or Contractors Professional.
- Haulers – Brine/salt water disposal and contaminated soil haulers.
Recent regional success stories:
- $2M Abatement/demolition contractor purchased a $2M/$2M CPL policy with NY Action over coverage for 46,000.
- $18M General contractor purchased CPL with Mold for $11,700.
- Gas station with 10 years of historic underground storage tank coverage purchased coverage for $2,400.
- $750k Safety consultant purchased CPL/E&O ($1M/$2M) for $5,800.
- $1M Oil & gas land surveyor purchased GL/Pollution/E&O($3M/$3M) for $13,000.
- $1.5M Fire/water restoration contractor purchased GL/Pollution/E&O ($1M/$2M) and a $5M Excess policy for $16,000.
- County school district purchased a 2-year Premises Pollution policy ($1M/$2M) for $24,000.
- $20M Natural gas tank manufacturer purchased GL/Products Pollution/Contractors Pollution coverage for $50,000.
- $1M Wastewater treatment operator purchased GL/CPL/E&O ($1M/$3) for $14,700.
- $23M Electrical contractor purchased a $1M CPL policy for $13,900.
- A wastewater treatment plant purchased a $1M Premises Pollution Liability policy (including discharge) for $7,400.
- $1.9M Waterproofer purchased GL/CPL ($1M/$2M) for $45,000.
- $17M Window & door fabricator/installer purchased CPL/E&O with Mold for $21,000.
- $2M Pipeline contractor purchased a $11M GL/CPL policy for $54,500.
- $3M Medical waste contractor/hauler purchased GL/CPL/Workers Compensation for $48,700.
- $1.8M Recycler/roll off contractor purchased GL/CPL/Auto/Workers Compensation for $74,600.
- Shopping Center under construction purchased a 3-year Premises pollution liability policy ($3M limits) including in place asbestos/lead and mold coverage for $16,000.
- $600k Tank contractor purchased GL/CPL/E&O ($1M/$2M ) for $3,500.
- $2.3M Fire/water restoration contractor purchased GL/CPL/Bailee’s coverage ($1M) for $6,200.