What is a Contractors Professional/Pollution policy?
The Contractors Pollution Liability/Professional Policy is a combined Pollution and Professional coverage form. It provides coverage to general contractors, construction managers, and various trade contractors who could potentially have both pollution and professional claims; CPL/Professional provides coverage for E&O exposures for contractors.
Do contractors need professional liability insurance? Yes.
- Contractors face professional liability issues from construction management services, job site modifications, and other daily activities.
- E&O exposures for contractors are generally excluded from General Liability and monoline Contractors Pollution Liability policies.
- Coverage costs are reasonable and Beacon Hill provides excellent service during and after the binding process.
Optional coverage enhancements:
- Occurrence CPL coverage
- Natural Resources Damage
- Coverage for work performed by subcontractors
- Mold coverage
- Blanket Additional Insured
- Waiver of Subrogation
- Transportation Pollution Liability
The following contractors may need professional liability insurance:
- General Contractors
- Electrical Contractors
- Construction Managers
- Site Prep Contractors
- Plumbing Contractors
- Pipeline Contractors
- HVAC/Mechanical Contractors
- Millwright Contractors
- Any contractors that, in the course of their normal operations, may make a slight adjustment on the provided plans to get the job done properly, or who supervise other subcontractors.
Premiums start at $5,000 and limits are available from $1,000,000
Beacon Hill can help you round out coverage for your clients by packaging some of the additional products below. Writing these coverages with the same carrier adds efficiency, protects against potential coverage gaps, and helps generate the best possible pricing for your insured. Please let your Beacon Hill contact know if you have any questions.