Environmental Risk: Exposures and Solutions for General Contractors
By Ursula Knowles, Assistant Vice President, Information Development
In spite of having the most robust environmental management system, things can still go wrong and written procedures are only as good as the ability of employees/subcontractors to implement, monitor, and continually upgrade those procedures for each job site. Exposures will depend on the experience level of the subcontractors, the surrounding environment (including sensitive receptors such as hospitals or protected water sheds, for example), the historical site uses, and potential for there to be pollution conditions at the jobsite already that may be exacerbated by contractor activities. Read the complete article, published on PropertyCasual360.com.
New! Beacon Hill has launched a quarterly environmental insurance publication
Beacon Hill’s magazine The Summit captures the discussion and analysis of important topics in the environmental and energy insurance marketplace. We embrace innovative thinkers in this specialty arena and strive to equip agents with the tools and insights to have a better understanding of current issues, coverages, and trends. We recognize the importance of giving our readers a unique informational perspective from a broker-managed news source.
Recent Success Stories:
– $5M Salt water hauler purchased a $1M/$2M GL/CPL/Auto policy for $76,581.
– $4.2M Sewer cleaning contractor purchased CPL with Non-Owned Disposal and TPL for $4,033.
– $1.2M Above ground tank cleaning & painting company purchased GL/CPL and a $1M Excess policy for $12,758.
– $5.1M Manufacturer of pipeline coatings purchased GL/CPL/EIL/TPL/Products Pollution for $27,299.
– $3.4M Safety and training contractor purchased GL/CPL/E&O and a $1M Excess policy for $23,800.
– $30M Soil excavation contractor purchased a $1M/$1M CPL policy for $10,535.
Beacon Hill’s Agent Referral Program
We have created an exclusive program for our agents who refer new producers to us. Build your networking opportunities and earn an Amazon gift card. Learn more.