Contractors Professional Liability Exposures
Contractors often have exposures for professional liability, either from operations they perform or those performed by entities working on their behalf. Examples can include construction management, subcontracted design work, testing for contaminants, or monitoring environmental conditions. Contractors may perform operations themselves that expose them to professional claims, including job site modifications, selection and supervision of subs, adhering to local codes and ordinances, etc. Contractors may also be brought into claims arising from subcontracted design, construction management, and project delivery methods.
While some of these concerns may be addressed as “means and methods” under the GL form, and thus excluded in part from this Professional coverage, it is important for contractors to consider these exposures and understand where their exposures are covered. There is significant value in packaging this coverage with Contractors Pollution, including sharing limits, broad coverage forms, and excellent carriers. Click HERE for more information on CPL/Professional.
Who buys it? General Contractors, Electrical Contractors, Construction Managers, Plumbing Contractors, Pipeline Contractors, HVAC/Mechanical Contractors, etc.
Get a CPL/Professional indication within 2 hours! Start here >>
Connect to us!
Claim Scenarios Involving Contractors and Indoor Air Quality
Most Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) concerns center around materials brought into a building, components of the building itself, or operations taking place there. Even when a structure is thought to be managed properly, any spill, failure, or… Read more >>
Recent success stories
- $5M Soil remediation contractor purchased GL/CPL/E&O Excess and Auto for a total of $95,992.
- $2.5M Abatement contractor purchased GL/CPL/E&O for $6,989.
- $6M Landscape contractor purchased CPL for $3,017.
- $2.5M Water quality contractor purchased CPL/E&O for $9,000.
- $123.5M Utility contractor purchased CPL/E&O/EIL for a total of $49,697.
- $45M Street & road contractor purchased CPL/E&O for $13,610.
- $2M Environmental remediation contractor purchased GL/CPL/E&O for $7,555.
- $27M Industrial cleaning contractor purchased CPL for $9,137.