Warm Weather Concerns: Exposures for Pest Control Operators
By Jamie Lewis, Assistant Vice President
The warmer temperatures are setting in, which means pollen is coating vehicles, sidewalks, and our noses. Spring also brings a new round of outdoor maintenance for homeowners and business, including mitigating many unwanted species of pests that also may arrive with the budding flowers. As people begin to schedule visits from their local weed and pest control companies, it’s a great time to reach out to any clients you may have in this industry to discuss their pollution exposures.
Pest control operators are beginning their busy season, offering services such as selective or non-selective weed control, insect control, and rodent control. Companies may also offer commercial and residential mowing, right-of-way mowing, field mowing, landscape services, snow removal, or inspection services. Pest control operators will usually…Read the complete article >>
The Summit: Contractors Issue
Contractors today are faced with increasingly complex exposures. Some of these stem from the evolving scope of work performed and contractual responsibility assumed, and some are created by the efforts of the legal community to hold contractors accountable. Read the issue >>
Environmental Exposures for Hotels
Hotels have always been thought of as facilities that are designed to provide a high level of comfort and convenience for their clients. In order to achieve these goals, they may use chemicals for cleaning, pool maintenance, cooling system maintenance… Read the issue >>
Recent Success Stories
- $95M Industrial metal goods manufacturer in the oil & gas industry purchased GL/Products Pollution/EIL ($1M/$2M) and a $10M Excess policy for $364,693.
- $5M Soil remediation contractor GL/CPL ($1M/$2M), $10M Excess, and $1M CSL Auto for a total of $203,621.
- $110k Manufacturer of equipment to handle organic waste purchased GL/CPL/Products Pollution & Auto for $18,894.
- Nursing home corporation purchased a $1M/$2M 3-year EIL policy for $39,000.
- $200k Company specializing in the design, manufacture, and install of water treatment products purchased GL, CPL, E&O, Products Pollution ($1M/$2M) and a $1M Excess policy for a total premium of $12,500.
- $3.1M Chemical blender and distributor purchased GL/CPL/E&O/Products Pollution ($1M/$2M) for $14,883. Coverage includes TPL and Hired and Non-Owned Auto coverage.