Packaged Coverage for Environmental Contractors & Consultants
Packaged coverage for environmental contractors and consultants combines various lines with a shared limit and/or aggregate. Examples include Commercial General Liability/Contractors Pollution Liability plus Professional, CPL and Professional, or General Liability and Premises Pollution. This type of program can be very beneficial for your insureds — by streamlining an account in this way, the client will typically receive a substantial cost savings.
How do packaged coverages work?
• Coverage usually based off of the CGL Pollution Coverage Part.
• Packages can then add Contractors Pollution (sharing the same limit).
• Benefit is that it provides coverage that fills much of the CGL pollution exclusion gap.
• Packages can then add the Professional Liability (sharing the same limit).
• Again, the benefit is having the same carrier provide coverage typically excluded from the CGL.
• Package can also cover Premises Specific Pollution Liability, Over the Road Pollution, Storage Tanks, and more.
• Coverages are written with combinations of triggers, depending on options selected.
• Various retentions depending on lines chosen.
• All coverages share one aggregate.
Overview of Common Endorsements
By Becca Cole, Associate Account Executive
Some of the most frequent questions we get are about common policy endorsements. Beacon Hill Account Executives try to have our carriers include most common endorsements on our policies automatically, so frequently requested coverage is already included, but it’s important to check each policy individually. Here is an overview of some of the typical endorsements we see requested: Read the complete article.
Webinar: Environmental Insurance for Sites & Facilities
April 30, 2014, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. EST
Webinar highlights will include: common exposures sites and facilities may face, how Site Pollution Liability (EIL) works, classes of business that need EIL, and suggestions for how to sell it. This FREE, one-hour webinar will be hosted by Beacon Hill’s president, Bill Pritchard. Register Now!
Recent Success Stories
$100M Field services company (construction, plant maintanence, boiler retubing, mechanical piping systems, structural steal, and HVAC systems) purchased GL/CPL and a $10M Excess policy for $750k.
$15M Tank manufacturer purchased GL, Products Pollution, and a $4M Excess policy for $74k.
$4.5M Gas processing plant construction company purchased GL and Site Pollution Liability for $28,500.
$6M Abatement/demolition contractor wrote GL (with action over coverage), CPL, a $5M Excess policy, and multi-state workers comp for $478k.
$225M Commercial General Contractor with some in-house design purchased CPL/Professional including protective indemnity coverage for $81k.
$5.2M Tank contractor purchased GL/CPL/E&O and a $4M Excess policy for $37,500 (including Auto and Employers Liability).