As we mentioned in last month’s newsletter, we exceeded our production goals for 2017 and were able to achieve growth across the board. In addition to broadening our reach into new parts of the country, we maintained a renewal retention of over 90%, and had a new business submit-to-bind ratio of over 33%.
This week, we want to share some of the areas where we have found success over the past year, both with classes of business and lines of coverage.
The classes of business we wrote the most in 2017 include:
- Asbestos/lead abatement
- Remediation contractors
- Industrial cleaners
- Industrial facilities
- Manufacturers & distributors
- General contractors, as well as plumbing, roofing, HVAC, and electrical
Areas where we continue to see significant growth in the market:
– Sites with mold exposures
– Contractors that cause mold losses
- Site Specific Pollution
– Industrial facilities/industrial warehousing
– Non-environmental contractors
– Trade contractors
- Excess: offering higher limits, over CPL or EIL, contractual demands
In addition to the items listed above, we are seeing other developments as a result of market disruption and changing appetites among environmental carriers. As always, Beacon Hill takes a consultative approach to working with our agents. We are here to help you navigate coverage information, options, and complicated requests. We strive to make your overall experience efficient, fast, and correct.
We look forward to working with you this year! Contact us for coverage information or to discuss a specific account.