What are packaged environmental insurance coverages?
Packaged environmental insurance coverages combine various lines with a shared limit and/or aggregate. Examples include Commercial General Liability/Contractors Pollution Liability plus Professional, CPL and Professional, or General Liability and Premises Pollution. Combining these coverages can create a substantial cost savings for the client.
How do they work?
- Coverage usually based off of the CGL Pollution Coverage Part.
- Packages can then add Contractors Pollution (sharing the same limit).
- Benefit is that it provides coverage that fills much of the CGL pollution exclusion gap.
- Packages can then add the Professional Liability (sharing the same limit).
- Again, the benefit is having the same carrier provide coverage typically excluded from the CGL.
- Package can also cover Premises Specific Pollution Liability, Over the Road Pollution, Storage Tanks, and more.
- Coverages are written with combinations of triggers, depending on options selected.
- Various retentions depending on lines chosen.
- All coverages share one aggregate.
Optional coverage enhancements:
- Can be packaged with Products Pollution.
- Mold/fungus coverage may be offered.
- Prior Claims Made Nose coverage.
- Separate defense limits.
- Non-owned disposal site coverage.
- And many others…
Beacon Hill can help you round out coverage for your clients with supporting Pollution,Auto,Excess,Professional, General Liability, andWorkers Compensation. Writing these coverages with the same carrier adds efficiency, protects against potential coverage gaps, and helps generate the best possible pricing for your insured. Please let your Beacon Hill contact know if you have any questions.